Friday, October 3, 2008

Just in Time


Last weekend Josh and I took the kids to the fabric store and let them each pick out some fleece, so I could make them their own blankets. Dallin of course picked out Cars. Alyssa picked out a fabric that has butterflies, dragonflies and bees on it. And Kaylee picked out a hot pink with yellow, blue, green and purple flowers. Originally my thought was to tie the ends, but I decided to sew the front and back together. When I got my sewing machine a few years back it came with something like 400 stitches. I have never had made anything with anything other then a normal stitch. With the blankets I did some experimenting, the girls have a flower border and Dallin has a squiggly border. The kids love them! And I finished them just in time for our first rain today.

2 comments:

Kari said...

So, So cute! I love the flower boarder-it's darling! And your kids have such cute taste ;) I don't know if Ali would pick a very cute fabric!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

They so cute all snuggled up in their blankets.