This is how tired they were after a week without naps (that is the kitchen floor)
Friday, September 19, 2008
You do the crime, You do the time...Maximum Security!!
As you may have read from my previous post we attempted to put Dallin and Alyssa into big kid beds. Well, it was a complete disaster and failure. So there wasn't really a crime, (unless you count what happened to my sanity over the week they were in big kid beds) but, Alyssa has been moved into "Maximum Security"!!! They spent a week without naps, and just played in their room...well actually destroyed it! I spent 4-5 hours everyday at nap, putting them back in their beds, without any luck. And 2-3 hours every night.I tried laying on the floor, but as soon as my back was turned one would get, up and vice as versa. I tried leaving them alone, where they proceeded to pull about 100 diapers form their drawer, put them in a pile and jump out of the beds and onto them. They pulled the shelf down(no one was hurt), by turning a laundry basket over and standing on it, which then made all of their Jammie's fall on the floor, so of course those were added to the diaper pile. Not to mention all of the times they would take their diapers off and go potty and (poop once) in the empty toy box, on pillows and on their beds (they are still talking the poop that was in the box). The topper was I decided I would leave the door open, and put a baby gate up and lay in front of it. Funny story with that is after I did this, Alyssa could see me there, so she wouldn't get up, but would sit up and dance around on her bed, but Dallin thought I was gone so he came running around to close the door, telling Alyssa "close, door" "up, up". Alyssa just looked at him like don't do it... As soon as he saw me he booked it as fast as he could into bed. Finally, Dallin was almost asleep (after 5 hours), so I went to answer the phone. I then here Alyssa got over to Dallin and say "brother, brother, up, up, play, play" and as I walk back over she is taking the blankets and pillow off him, to try and get him up. At that point we all sat on the floor and had a good cry! That night we put their cribs back together, and went and bought crib tents. We decided to wait it out, and for a whole week no one tried to climb out of their beds. We were starting to think we could return the $140.00 in unopened crib tents until, yesterday. I heard a lot of thumping, talking, giggling and racket coming from their room after I put them to bed. I went to check on them. And the little monkeys were out of their beds. So last night, Alyssa moved into "Maximum Security", since she seems to be the ring leader! It seems so wrong to lock her up like this, but I don't know what else to do...at least I know she is safe. She thinks it is cool until, we zip it up, then she fusses for a minute, and then quiets down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I wish I would have had crib tents for my twins at that age. I would have to turn the door knob around and lock the door. They would screem until they would finally pass out right by the door where they would stay until I moved them to their beds. I hated every minute of it, but I didn't know what else to do. They would play until 1:00 a.m. if I didn't keep them in their room. Luckily they didn't destroy their room, they would just screem. I think those crib tents are the best invention! Hopefully you guys can all get some sleep now. :)
Oh, girl - hang in there! Thank heavens for the crib tents - I didn't even know they made those! Oh how my life could have been different! Well, maximum security is not all bad - sleep deprivation is so much worse! Good luck!
First off, what an ordeal!! I can't believe you lasted a week with that kind of chaos!
Ok, so I have been trying to find your blog forever! I would litteraly sit and try different combinations with your names trying to find the right one! I'm so glad you found me! I can't believe how big your kids are now, and they are all sooo darling! I still have a hard time believing you have three kids! Crazy. I'm really happy to catch up with you and now be able to keep up with your happenings!
I am feeling great....so far. Ha! Just getting up in the wee hours in the night constantly, but that's really it. We miss you guys!
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. My friend's little one would climb out of his port a crib so they bought one of those sleep sacks so he couldn't lift his leg to climb over, I thought that was pretty good.
I was so worried about moving Hannah into a big girl bed because she has been sleeping so good in her crib... but every time she went down for the past week she cried for Austin. So we decided to give it a try. I laid with her for the first night and it took her forever to fall asleep so the second night I just left her in there and she only got up one time. I was worried about putting them together in the same room, but so far so good!
when are you going to do your new post?
still waiting.
You deserve a gold medal. It sounds like such an ordeal.
Post a Comment