And she's out!
Well the day has come, Alyssa is able to climb out of her bed. Dallin is not far behind. This morning I went into their room to Alyssa crying and saying stuck. She had got her leg in between the top bars of her crib. By nap time, I had to go in about 5 times and "unstuck" both of their legs! Josh was not convinced so he took them in this evening, to see what would happen, and guess what Alyssa is able to get all the way out, and Dallin is about half way there. So after weighing the options and costs, of toddler beds, crib tents, and regular beds. We decided to convert their cribs to the "Youth Beds". We bolted the dresser to the wall, just in case they decide to try and climb that. The whole time we were changing the beds out they jumped and jumped and jumped on the mattresses. I made their beds tucked them in and 2 seconds later they are running around in their room. Well, after almost two hours of playing and pulling every blanket out of the toy chest, paying peek-a-boo behind the curtains, piling all the blankets on top of each other and jumping into them. Not to mention Alyssa thought it was fun to bury Dallin under all the blankets. Tonight I might put the video camera in there and see what they do, when I am not watching!! We finally got them to fall asleep, and stayed asleep in their beds all night. Keep your fingers crossed that this will be a smooth transition, and we will all be able to get some sleep!
Kaylee's new Bed
(Just Kidding, this is what she watched Diego in this morning)
5 comments:
oh that is funny! i guess you couldn't keep them locked up for ever. i think that you picked the best opition, the "youth bed" is really cute, i bet they jsut love it. they are growing up too fast.
So funny. Looking forward to that move with Kami.
It's so nice when they stay in their cribs. Hopefully they will love their big kid beds. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast!
That is funny, just today Jazzlyn was able to climb onto our extra bed that is in her room all on her own. She has been trying to do it for like a month now and was very pleased with herself.
I am so glad you found our blog. Looks like you guys are doing great. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!! I am excited that I now have another blog to visit...yea!
Post a Comment