Well on Monday night we were playing. Kaylee was the ghost and I was the ghost buster. She ran around the corner to get away from me, and collided with Dallin. They both started crying, Kaylee grabbed her leg and said it hurt and she couldn't walk. We checked it out, there were no obvious signs of a break or any swelling. In the middle of the night I heard her crying in her room, I got up and found her on the floor crying, she had tried to get up to go potty. On Tuesday, she didn't want to go to school or the pumpkin patch because her leg hurt. So I took her to the Dr where they did x-rays, we couldn't pin point exactly where it hurt, so they did knee, leg and ankle. Her pediatrician looked them over and said they were fine, and sent us home. Wednesday she was still not walking, but was crawling to get from point A to B and standing on one foot! I had been wiggling her leg trying to figure out exactly where it hurt. And I had been trying to get her to walk, with no luck.
At about 6:30 last night a different pediatrician called asked how she was doing and said that him and a radiologist had reviewed her x-rays and they were pretty sure it was broken. He set up a appointment with a Orthopedist today. We went this morning and saw him, he looked at her x-rays and it shows a spiral fracture in her tibia. So she is now in a cast up to middle thigh, and is NOT allowed to WALK for FOUR to FIVE WEEKS!!!! He said we need to CARRY her, or she can SCOOT around!
She is pretty sad about the whole thing! Especially about Halloween and our upcoming Disneyland trip that we are going to postpone...again!
(I bribed her with fruit snacks to smile)
6 comments:
oh poor kk! geeze no more ghost busters please! i do love the pink cast, just like the disney princesses! connor is going to send kk and get well present tomorrow! love you sweet kk.
OH that is so sad. I can't believe that she can't walk on it for 4 to 5 weeks. Get that girl a skate board so she can get around easier. I hope she is feels better soon!
That is so SAD. I can't believe the doctor didn't pick up on that until a few days later and only then they give you a call. Poor thing. What a bummer you have to postpone the trip. I have to say that she is the most adorable little cripple I've ever seen.
Your kids are gorgeous Amy
Kami's birthday party is coming up and we want you guys to come. I'll be sending you an invitation.
Poor Kaylee but also poor Mommy! Good luck with that for the next few weeks. Did you try crutches? I know they have them for kids.
If I were you I wouldn't postpone the Disney trip. In fact it's ideal time. Rent a wheelchair and you'll be first in line at all the rides!!
Amy!
I hope you don't mind me leaving comments on your blog either! I had no idea you could even leave comments! :)
Poor Miss Kaylee! I still can't beleive she can't walk for 4-5 weeks!!!
Oh that is so sad she broke it and can't walk for a while. The pink cast is pretty cool. I hope everything goes well.
Post a Comment