Sunday, June 27, 2010

Monster Trucks

On Tuesday I was looking at a link to the Placer County Fair, and Dallin happened to be by my side. He noticed a video on the website that was advertising the monster trucks. At that moment he decided he HAD to go!! He told everyone that he was going, even though I had not yet committed. As the days got closer he would wake up every morning and ask if it was Saturday yet (the day of the monster truck show) He kept inviting everyone he talked too. The chiropractor her son, grandma, grandpa, strangers. Finally, it was Saturday morning rolled around, he was up at 5:00 asking if it was Saturday yet, I promptly told him no, go back to bed, he was up again at 5:30 and at 6:30 asking if it was Saturday yet. He was so excited all day!
We got to the monster trucks, they had a truck pull, obstacle course thing and finally the monster trucks. While we were waiting for the show to begin they had a monster fire engine that came out for them to go for a ride around the dirt track over some mounds of dirt and up onto some smashed cars! Josh and the kids went, they had a blast, I totally wanted to go but we didn't bring enough cash. Oh well, next time:) Very cool!!!!!!!!
They are sitting in the last 3 seats, closest to the flag





























Well, it was finally time for the monster trucks to come out and of course he had to go to the bathroom, so as we were walking to the bathroom, one of the monster trucks came up to the fence and reeved it's engine. He almost had a heart attack he was so scared. We get to the bathroom and he decided he needs to go number 2. While I was waiting and waiting for him to do his business he kept asking if the mean monster truck was gone, not thinking anything of it I told him "no". Finally after about 5 min of nothing he asked again if the mean monster truck was gone this time I said "yes". He got up and said I am done now. Lesson learned he was hiding on the toilet from the mean monster truck. We got back to our seats and another monster truck came out reved it's engine really loud, Dallin started screamin' "I got to go Poopy", while trying to jump out of Josh's lap! After the initial shock of how loud they were, he LOVED them!!!





This is the "Mean" truck

We definietly had a good time, and want to go back when they are at the State Fair next month!

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it made me laugh.

Marta said...

I like Dallin's way of hiding. He is such a sweetie.