I will start with Dallin: For the first three days Dallin refused to go potty on the potty, he would hold it until he got a diaper at nap or bedtime. After countless (at least 5 hours of my days spent in the bathroom for false alarms, because he wanted candy). Feeling defeated I finally asked him "Dallin what will make you go potty in the toilet?" I wasn't expecting a response, so when he simply said "Cars" I thought okay, we will get some Cars and give it a day if it doesn't work we will stop, and try potty training him a little later.
I got the cars, put them on top of the refrigerator, pumped him full of juice (which they never get). And guess what....he now goes potty in the toilet and has not had any accidents in two days, and he is definitely not holding it! Just goes to show you, Candy wasn't enough of a incentive, I had to find something that motivated him. Dallin now has the system down, he gets 1/2 of his pee pee out knows he will get a car, and then comes back and tell me he has to go again, so he can get another car! Smart Kid! Now if I can get him to hold his own "equipment" I will be ecstatic!
**As a side note to all you moms who have trained boys...you are my hero's!!
Onto Alyssa: Alyssa, has done really good, maybe two accidents the first day. She does not like to go in the toilet, but she odes it. She does the false alarms all day, because she holds it. I know she has to go because, she looks like a little kid on crack! She bounces around, crosses her legs, won't sit still, rubs her legs. It's very entertaining to watch, but at the same time I just want to put a diaper on her, to put her out of her misery. But she is doing so good, I figure we will give it another week, and see how it goes!
Lets just say, I have never spent so much time in the bathroom, between the two of them. I have seriously thought about making up a bed in there!
3 comments:
LOL! Yeah, I can picture an air mattress in the tub now! Keep it up - it's a grueling process but SO nice when it's all over - you can acually go back to a normal sized purse! Good luck!
Too funny! It sounds like they're doing great! Hang in there!
I know how you feel! We started Hannah yesterday. We did pretty good. Only 1 accident, 2 pees and 1 poop on the potty. This girl loves candy and will do anything for it!
Post a Comment