When we bought our house 5yrs ago, some of the door handles had locks on them, we had switched Kaylee's out a while ago, but had not switched Dallin and Alyssa's out. Their door handle was actually a outdoor door handle, that required a key to unlock it, which we never got. Anyway, Dallin and Alyssa had never shown any interest in locking the door, so we never really did anything about it. Well today one of the kids (she will remain nameless) thought she would help me keep Dallin in his room for timeout by locking the door and closing it. Dallin of course could not get it unlocked! Josh and I had talked about it before, and he always said I would be able to kick down the door (they are really old). So I tried and tried to kick down the door, with no luck! I was about to call the Fire Department, but I called my mom to see what I should do, (Josh was in a meeting), and she said to check the window. Thankfully, I had opened it this morning, to air out their room. I am usually really good about shutting the windows, and walked by several times today, to shut it but never did. Anyway, I was able to get a ladder, and get Dallin out. Thank Goodness! I really did not want to have to call the Fire Department!
I immediately went and got a screw driver and took the door handle off! Never a dull moment around here!
3 comments:
I can just picture you trying to kick down the door.
Good thing there was a window open.
My kids lock our bathroom doors all the time but all I have to do is stick a bobby pin in the key hole to unlock it.
It is one of those things that will be funny in the future.
You know, it's these crazy and somewhat panicked moments that become the funny stories we remenisce about later on in life! LOL! Glad you didn't have to call the fir department...now you are superhero Mom to your kids having saved the day! I wonder how much leverage you could get out of that one!?!
That is really funny. I'm glad to hear that Brighton is not the only kid pulling stunts like that. He locked me out of the house for over an hour when I was eight months pregnant with Addison.---janae
Post a Comment