I had a request to repost the reciepe! Here you go!
I made this a few weeks ago, and Josh thought I should take pictures and do a blog post with the recipe, so here it is. The chicken was so moist, next time I will make two and shred the chicken up for chicken enchiladas, chicken salad etc.
Beer Can Chicken With Dirty Bird Rub
Rub:
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried ground sage
1.One 4- to 5-pound chicken, rinsed and patted dry Extra-virgin olive oil One 12-ounce can beer1. Build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill (or preheat oven to 375). In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients to make the rub. Brush the chicken lightly with olive oil and season with rub over chicken, rubbing in slightly. Sprinkle the remaining rub inside the cavity of the bird and set aside.
2. Open the can of beer, pour out about 1/4 cup and punch an extra hole in the top using a bottle opener with a piercing point. Carefully stand the beer can in the center of the grill over indirect medium heat and place the cavity end of the chicken over the beer can.
3. Close the grill lid and cook the chicken until an instant-read thermometer registers 165º in the breast and 180º in the thigh, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
To remove from the grill, use tongs to hold the chicken steady and slide a large spatula underneath the beer can to keep it stable. Transfer to a work surface and, using the tongs, remove and discard the beer can. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
NOTE: I usually just roast in the oven at 375 for 1 1/2 hours instead. I stand the chickens on a baking sheet about 1" deep to catch any drippings or overspill. Otherwise, you might need to prop it up with crumpled tin foil or something.
***I used a soda can with beef broth in it, or you can also use gingerale.
2 comments:
That looks soooo good. I am trying it tonight. My boy's favorite meal is chicken so I am going to be the coolest mom around now. :)
This sounds delish! I will definately try it soon.
Post a Comment