Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!!!!!

Dallin has become your typical little boy, he loves trains, train books and train toys! He really started liking them after I took the kids on a little train ride around a local park.
Kaylee has always liked trains, and Josh and I had talked about getting a train table in the past. I was walking through Toys R Us last week and they had one of the ones we had looked at on sale...it was $70.00 off the original price. I hurried home and sent Josh the link (he was in Arizona on business for the week). He agreed it was a good deal, grandma and grandpa picked it up for us, and we are now the proud owners of a train table! Dallin is so cute, he still doesn't talk much but he pushes the trains around and says choo choo all day.

BEFORE

It took me about a hour to put the train tracks together, and I got 90% of the way done, and realized I had started out with the first track facing the wrong way. So, I had to take them all apart and flip them over! Josh just laughed, and then took sympathy on me, and helped me flip them over!

AFTER

Tonight I am GLUING the tracks, buildings and trees down with Gorilla Glue! Alyssa tore the tracks apart in about 1 hour! And Dallin and Alyssa love to sit on the table! Hopefully by gluing everything down it will keep them off the table!

2 comments:

The Heaton's said...

i love the pictures of the choo choo train at the park. i think that its so funny that you put the tracks together upside down. the underneath part is smooth, how did you think the choo choo train was going to stay on track? you crack me up. i also love the picture of KK's crazy hair...whose shirt is she wearing as jammies?

AP said...

Every time KK takes a bath at Grandmas she wants to wear one of "Ashley's Shirts" as Jammie's. To defend myself, the tracks are reversible, so they can fit together either way.