This past weekend Josh's company picnic was at Sunsplash, (a water park, mini golf, go cart, arcades, laser tag place). We took the kids and two helpers, Aunt Ashley and the soon to be Uncle Allen. The kids had a blast! I do not have any pictures of them going down to the water slides. All three kids surprised me with how brave they were. They went down the little slides all by themselves, and then one of us would catch them at the end. About half way through the day, Dallin conked out and slept in my lap for about an hour.
Lake Tahoe
I have been really wanting to go up to Tahoe all summer. Last week my sister Stacey and I took the kids up to Tahoe. We visited my dad at his new office up in Tahoe, and then headed to the beach where the kids played. We then met up with my dad, Josh and his parents (they were already up there) to look at a cabin Stacey was interested in buying. The kids had a blast! They loved the water, and did not want to get out. I can't wait to go back, hopefully we will make it back again in the next few weeks! I LOVE Tahoe!!
...............................................................................................................................
Shadow?????
The kids love their daddy! Whatever daddy does the kids love to follow in his shadow. Dallin wanted to help Daddy shovel the bark out of he trailer into the wheel barrow. They also want to Golf and play Tennis just like Daddy.
...............................................................................................................................
Kaylee helped me to plant sunflowers this year. Some of them have grown to be 10ft+ tall. The actual sunflowers are so heavy once they bloom they only stay upright for a couple of days.
..........................................................................................................................................
Garden Runneth Over and Over...
My Garden has been very bountiful this year. We have been giving away bags and bags of tomatoes and cucumbers. Not to mention all the tomatoes that I have dried and stewed up. The zucchini and squash did really well. I made zucchini chocolate chip cookies, bread, brownies and muffins. They all tasted really well. The kids love to pop the cherry tomatoes in their mouth. Dallin used to put them in his mouth and shoot them out, now he loves to eat them he will eat 10-15 in a row (if we let him). It has been so fun having a garden, it has really gotten Kaylee liking all different vegetables, all I have to tell her is it came from our garden and she eats it up, including the carrots and bell peppers!
Birthday Fun!!!
Dallin and Alyssa scored big time for their birthdays! They had so much fun opening presents, it took them a few minutes to figure out what to do (kaylee had no problem showing them how to do it). Dallin thought the cars wrapping paper was so cool, I had left the roll out after I wrapped presents, when I tried to take it from him he cried and cried. I finally ripped a little piece off the roll that he could carry around. A little later Dallin was missing, I found him in our room on the bed with the presents. He had quietly gone in there and shut the door!
6 comments:
oh so many things to comment on!-
sunsplash, so fun!!!! i wish i could have been there to see all the fun.
I love the kids floating toyings, the car is really cute, connor would love that. i hope we can go after the wedding.
dads definitely have an irreplaceable(sp?) piece of kids hearts! i love the purple binki in dallins mouth ;)
great garden! i loved growing sunflowers. I think i like them so much because you didn't have to wait very long for them to poke through the soil. I love tomatoes too!
Happy Birthday! the cupcakes look yummy, i have an ultimate weakness for cupcakes! i wish you posted a picture of the catapillar cupcakes. too funny that you found dallin trying to get away from his sisters, so that he could play with his toys in peace and quiet!
...did i get everything?
oh yes, you look fantastic too! and i am not just saying that, it's the truth!
Wow, you guys have been busy! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun this summer. I am so jealous of your garden I wish we had a backyard big enough for a garden. Hannah eats zucchini faster then she eats candy.
I can't wait to see you this weekend at Ashley's reception!
Busy, busy!! Love it! Your vegetables look sooo yummy! I got your comment - I'll send you an invite to be an author and you can get going on your page! Glad to have you aboard!! The more the merrier!
Your kids are adorable. It was fun to run into you guys at the temple!
Post a Comment