Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Inevitable has happened... and a few new posts

Dallin in ER taken with my Camera Phone

our first ER trip! Over 4th of July weekend Dallin came down with a cold and a fever that lasted until Monday he had also developed a bad cough so I took him to the Dr, she said it was in his chest but had not made it too his lungs yet, but to keep an eye on it. By this past Saturday his fever was up to the high 102's. I was doing the Tylenol, Motrin combo, to no avail. On Sunday morning around 3:00 am he woke and his fever was 103.8 and he was breathing fast, we gave him another dose of Motrin and called the advice nurse, she told us we needed to take him into the ER right away. We saw 2 nurses a paramedic and finally the Dr. he told us it could be pneumonia and ear infections. He gave us the antibiotic and sent us home. By Sunday night his fever was up to 104 and he was not taking any medicine, he would throw it up. So I called the nurse again and Josh called Shala, our sister in law who is a nurse. (Thanks Again, Shala!!) At about 11:00pm I headed out the 24 hour pharmacy to pick up Tylenol Suppositories. They started working within about a hour and dropped his temp down to 103, so we were able to make it through the night without another ER trip (thank goodness)! By Monday morning his fever was back up and he had progressed to Diarrhea and I was having a hard time waking Dallin, and when he was awake he would just lay there, so we were back at the Dr's office. Where they gave him a shot of antibiotics, which is super cool, one shot works like a full course of them. By that night he actually ate dinner and played. They told us within 3 days he should be better. Well yesterday morning he woke up with a rash on his face and sooooo grumpy, I talked to the Dr again, and we thought we would wait it out until Thursday. Well this morning, the rash on his face was not quite as bad, but it moved to his belly and back with a vengeance and he is still super grumpy. So guess where we will be tomorrow...unless by some miracle he is rash free and back to his happy self.

My Poor "Boo Bear"


This was my bed on the floor next to his crib so I could keep an eye on him


Belly Rash


More Belly

3 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

OOOOHHH!!! Poor guy ( and poor YOU!!) - I hope he starts feeling better now with the antibiotics! Hang in there - we'll be thinking of you guys!

The Heaton's said...

poor little mr. boo bear! he always gets it the worse. i just want to climb in his crib and cuddle with him! hopefully that rash doesn't travel, what a little trooper!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Poor little guy and poor mommy. I hope he is feeling good as new so that you can have a fun, stress free weekend. Keep us updated on how he is feeling.