Thursday, November 1, 2007

Will this day ever end????

My day started at 3:00am when Alyssa decided she wanted to wake up and eat, normally this is not a problem just a nuisance. Today it was a problem, she was having a "procedure done" at 9:00am and she was not allowed to eat because they were going to be giving her anaesthesia. So since she couldn't eat she decided that she was gong to stay awake and cry and cry and cry..oh did I mention cry(I really did feel awful that I couldn't feed her). Anyway at about 5:10 she decided she would finally fall asleep, she gave me just enough time to shower and get ready before we had to leave for the hospital at 6:00am.

The procedure she was having was a scope with biopsy and possible PH probe depending on what they found, about 5 min into the 20min procedure the nurse said they would be doing the probe also. The PH probe entailed a tube down her nose and into her esophagus it is hooked to a computer and we have to keep track of what and when she eats and if she is laying down or sitting up. They had told us this shouldn't be too bad, they must have been crazy we had to put her in the arm things called "no no's" it keeps their arms form bending so she can't pull out the tube, after about an hour of being home and her not being able to walk or crawl I took those stupid things off and put socks over hands and taped them on. I guess I should add all of these test tell us how sever her reflux is. We have been dealing with feeding issues since she came home from the hopital. The Dr's have finally got aggresive because she is in the 5th percentile for weight. So as awful as this has all been, if it goves us some answers then it makes it worth it.

Well needless to say this has been along day with a cranky sleep deprived little girl and mom.

4 comments:

alligood said...

Poor Alyssa! I've thought about your family today because I knew this was happening. My Will (6) has suffered from reflux since infancy. It is NO FUN! He's always been big, though, so they wouldn't persue assertive treatments earlier. Hopefully the tests will show how to better help your little girl!
-Allison (TS LDS forum)

Monica Hudson said...

Poor thing! It's never fun to see anyone hooked up to tubes, but especially when it's your little girl! I hope they can get things figured out soon so she doesn't have to do much more of that! P.S. All of your other posts (that I just caught up on) are fabulous - you are a busy family! I love it! Good luck - we're thinking of you!

The Heaton's said...

I'm so glad you guys started a blog! It's so fun to see how fast your kids are growing up. I sure hope Alyssa is doing better now. We look forward to seeing you guys for Thanksgiving!
-Ryan

Rebecca said...

Amy, how is Alyssa doing? We've been thinking about you guys.

(r-twins from TS... just in case you didn't recognize me) :)