Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of Pre-K

First day of Pre-K!!!

Kaylee started Pre-K last week. She missed starting into Kindergarten by about a month, so we decided to put her into a Pre-K instead of keeping her at her other preschool. She is very ready for Kindergarten, but the school, does not budge on the dates and they don't start testing until the 2nd grade. Putting her into this class was a difficult decision for us, because we all loved Miss Cathy and Miss Aubrie. This new pre-k is on the campus of a elementary school (the same one my younger sisters went too) and because of that, they get to interact with the kindergartners. They get to go on the same field trips, have art and science together, and they follow the same curriculum as the Kindergartners. Which we felt was very important for our smarty pants Kaylee.

This was what happened when she realized I was going to leave, she came running!


Kaylee has had a tough transition for the first 3 days we would have to pry her off of my leg. All the while why she was crying. I would hold back my tears until I would leave the classroom. By Thursday, she was doing better, still sad but okay. I had given her her kiss and said goodbye, and was walking out the door...no tears, and the school had a fire drill. The fire alarm started ringing the strobe lights start going off, and the teachers start to panic. It put poor Kaylee over the top. SO we had to evacuate the classroom, I had Dallin and Alyssa with me, upset, because of the loud noise, combined with all these little kids who had no idea what the heck was going on. So all the kids have to go out to the playground. Now keep in mind the whole school evacuates Pre-K-4th grades, it was chaos! Kids everywhere! Once they cleared the alarms we all headed back to class, and said our goodbyes again! All I can say was it was poor planning on the schools part, 4th day, right when school was starting, you had parents who had dropped off kids and were leaving, and who heard the fire alarm so they were coming back checking on their kids...CRAZY!I am hoping each day gets better and better, and we won't have any sadness soon!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thats so exciting for Kaylee! I am sure that she will love pre-K. Hopefully the school learned that drop-off time is NOT a good time for a fire drill!